[tor-project] SponsorR Status Report June 2017

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Jul 5 13:41:15 UTC 2017

Hello,

here is the June 2017 report for SponsorR:

- We merged prop224 code that does additional validation of ed25519 pubkeys to
  defend against impersonation/fishing attacks:

- Marked the first chunk of prop224 service-side code as ready for final review:

- Published and reviewed more prop224 groundwork code:

- Discussed some design issues with the directory system of prop224. Some work
  is required here to verify that the new behavior is good and specify it in
  the spec:
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-June/012336.html

- Fixed an annoying hidden service crash bug:
    https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-0308-released-fix-hidden-services-also-are-02429-02514-02612-0278-02814-and-02911

- Started reviewing and testing of the client-side descriptor-fetching code for prop224:
  We are now working on the client-side introduction part of prop224.