[tor-project] Update from Tor's Community Council

Alison alison at torproject.org
Mon Jul 3 13:13:00 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,

Replying on behalf of the Community Council here.

Matthew Finkel:
> This is great. Can you give us a hint as to which policy and/or procedure
> you started working on?

See below! We listed them in the next sentence.

>> Procedures we are drafting include case handling, Council operations
>> (e.g. when and how we meet), and Council elections.
>
> And can you clarify what you mean by "Council elections"? Isn't this already
> described in the voting procedures we voted on earlier this year?

The current policies specify how voting takes place, and how
Councilmembers can run for Council and get elected. They are missing
some other important procedures, like how the question and answer period
should run. We all saw a need to fill in some of these blanks after the
last election became a little chaotic.

>> Policies we are drafting include conflict of interest, operational
>> security (in particular what we store and where), and confidentiality
>> (what is and is not confidential).
>
> Thanks for working on these important documents.

No problem! We'll share them out when we've got something worth sharing. :)

Alison (on behalf of the CC)