[tor-project] We need project ideas for GSoC 2017!
tom at ritter.vg
Mon Jan 30 15:46:19 UTC 2017
On 29 January 2017 at 15:57, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:
> Hi all! This week I'm getting our ducks in a row to apply for Google
> Summer of Code 2017...
> I just trimmed our volunteer page of projects that were done last year
> and sadly that doesn't leave us with much. We need mentors and project
> Got anything you'd care to mentor this summer? If so please let me know!
> Just send me a description like the ones on the following and I'd be
> happy to add it to our site...
> Please note that all projects must have two mentors, one of which is
> an established tor person. If you're not part of our internal community
> that's fine, but please find a core developer to co-sponsor your
> project and act as a secondary mentor.
Anyone want to mentor this with me? Maybe someone who knows Atlas?
Improve bwauth debugging and resources
The bwauth system has been limping along for a while, and it would be
helpful to track how broken it really is, and output more detailed
information for relays to debug. We would like to do some or all of
- Draft (and implement) a core-tor a proposal to expose bwauth vote
documents on DirAuths (Proposal, C)
- Draft a plan to enable detection of relays falling between scanners
in torflow (Proposal)
- Enhance torflow to expose scanner information for relays (which
scanner the relay ran on and similar information) (Python)
- Implement the analysis tools to detect when relays do fall between
- Enhance Collector to download and archive these documents (Java)
- Enhance OnionOO to expose bwauth data (Java)
- Enhance Atlas to expose bwauth voting information per-relay to show
More information about the tor-project