[tor-project] New Tor Metrics graph: Tor Browser downloads and updates

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Fri Jan 27 20:33:18 UTC 2017

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:15:41 +0100
Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:
>  - hellais asked at yesterday's Vegas meeting: "how many times does a
> normal tor browser do an update ping every day?" which was answered by
> mikeperry and gk with "twice" "and on every start".  This is probably
> something we should clarify in the graph description.

If the definition of "update ping" is fetch the JSON file at:
`extensions.torbutton.versioncheck_url`, then their comments don't
match what I saw in the code...

https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbutton.git/tree/src/chrome/content/torbutton.js#n808

  const kMinSecsBetweenChecks = 120 * 60; // 2.0 hours

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel