[tor-project] meek-azure funding has run out

isis agora lovecruft isis at torproject.org
Fri Jan 20 20:32:51 UTC 2017

Sina Rabbani transcribed 2.5K bytes:
> Dear Team,
>
> I have good news, Rabbi Rob Thomas (robt at cymru.com) is going to cover the costs associated with
> keeping meek alive.
>
> So far I have setup 2 new accounts with Amazon and Azure and working to confirm the functionality.
> https://d183ohpl22nq2f.cloudfront.net/
> https://meek.azureedge.net/
>
> Cloudfront is working fine and i'm trying to resolve issues with the Azure CDN. Is there a ticket I can update
> with these details? I think I should also bring up a backend server (bridge) and share
> the new config lines for the Tor Browser Bundle. I'm hoping to get all this done by Monday or sooner.
>
> Thank you David for keeping this service operational for so long and thank you Rob for keeping it alive!
>
> All the best,
> Sina

Wow, this is great!  Thanks!

Do you all have any plans to resurrect the Google AppEngine meek?  I've been
talking with the NoiseTor people, and they really wanted to help with meek
costs in some way, and also they think they collectively know enough Googlers
to get that re-set up (and potentially have bandwidth donated).

--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft