[tor-project] Notes from January 5 2017 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jan 9 20:23:44 UTC 2017

Notes for January 5 2017 meeting:

Alison
1) Tor Glossary is nearly finished; where should it live until
support.torproject.org is ready?
2) support portal work continues
3) next for community team: revisit Rapid Response Program, finish
membership docs, continue Global South outreach push
4) LFP: currently working with some libraries on the border

Roger
1) Report-back from 33c3 -- happy to answer questions.
2) Working with Shari and Jon on invites for Amsterdam.
3) Follow-up on loose ends from Hamburg meetings.
4) I'm reviewing PETS papers this week.
5) Next week I'm going to the NSF PI meeting and the FTC Privacy Showcase.
6) Shout-out to Kate!

Georg
1) I'm taking care of my backlog (dealing with the OTF situation etc.)
2) I talked to asn about opening up our HackerOne bug bounty program.
Any arguments for not doing that (right now)? <-- Georg is following
up on that item coordinating with others (isabela, OTF and HackerOne
folks etc.)
3) We need a new code signing certificate for Windows Tor Browser
bundles later this year (the current one is valid up to May 25)

Shari
1) Writing up note to tor-internal about end-of-year campaign. It was
more about rebuilding relationships and deploying infrastructure than
whipping up a Twitter frenzy. We took in something over $100k.
2) Working on job description for Communications Director. Hope to
distribute on Monday, January 9.
3) Looking for projects that need to be funded in 2017. Trying to get
ahead of planning funding proposals and finding foundation funders.
4) Lots of meeting planning for Amsterdam. Jon's finding it very
expensive (not a surprise, but still...) If folks have suggestions for
venues, we're all ears!
5) Planning a short trip to San Francisco at the end of the month to
touch base with a few folks there.

Nick
1) I'm in NYC for Real World Crypto, so: distracted this week.
2) Hiring for net team is a lot of work!
3) Planning to freeze in about 3 weeks.
4) Need help planning 2017.

Mike:
1) Misc.

Karsten:
1) Got some useful feedback on the new Metrics website, we'll fix a
few things and go live some time next week, accompanied by a blog post.
2) Got more coding work done than usual, probably because everyone's
on vacation.