[tor-project] Notes from December 22 2016 Vegas team meeting
karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jan 2 09:55:32 UTC 2017
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
See this posting for context:
Notes for December 22 2016 meeting:
0) Global South outreach: funding for travel, connecting with local
1) LFP has begun work along the US-Mexico border.
2) The Tor Glossary draft was submitted to tor-internal for comments
1) Summer 2017 Tor Meeting in Montreal?
2) Looking over grant proposal to Sida due 12/23.
3) Lots of end-of-year campaign stuff.
1) new releases came out
2) TBB release schedule makes some stuff harder for us; should discuss
3) priorities uncertain pending word on funding proposals
4) hiring status!
1) working with orfox team to meet ISC 1st milestone deadline (dec 23)
2) working on answering questions from OTF related to final invoice report
3) helping get 2017 contracts in place
4) helping with SIDA second review due on dec 23
5) misc stuff (donation campaign, global south work etc)
6) REMINDER I WILL TAKE THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY OFF (:
7) Linda updates - metrics new site is being coded :) and she will
prep a blog post about this work / she is working with OONI folks to
finalize both web and mobile UIs / Jan plan is to work on materials
for user testing of orfox security slider
8) Hiro updates - working on Trac wish list (email feature - she
emailed tor internal for feedback on this one | and she is working on
email and having a console client for the xmlrpc plugin); working with
metrics team on #20928 - working on getting more info about other
tasks she is picking up from Sebastian list
1) Finalising the mobile and web UIs for ooniprobe with Adarsh
2) Started implementing the web UI based on the feedback from Adarsh
3) Published report on internet censorship in Malaysia:
1) Media around the onion services update - a bit close to the
holidays, I think; saw Softpedia, lwn.net, and iMasters articles.
2) Malaysia media (press release--ditto/holidays) and thinking through
media strategy with OONI (good Malaysian coverage mostly generated by
3) Generated social media tactics for Shari and others to consider for
4) Answered press queries
1) Moving forward with Metrics website redesign/reorganization, had 2
meetings this week and many iterations, will ask for feedback on
tor-project@ on Friday.
1) Did some coordination wrt Ten Principles post. Is now linked from
2) Prepped mails for Tor Labs, but haven't sent them yet - holiday
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the tor-project