[tor-project] We need project ideas for GSoC 2017!

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Feb 5 02:36:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 04:16:35PM -0800, Damian Johnson wrote:
> Hi all. Would anybody else care to add a GSoC project idea? We need more!

Does somebody want to work on documenting or improving usability of
(or integration of) OnionBalance?

Does the metrics team have any items they'd love to have some help with?
I am particularly interested in the clean-up and deployment of OnionPerf,
and maybe we're scheduled to have that done before summer, but I bet
there will always be more that can be done.

Do we need more coverage on core-Tor fuzzing?

Is there something useful to be done with streamlining the builds of
Tor Browser for BSD? (https://github.com/torbsd/openbsd-ports/)

Along those lines, how about automating QA testing for Tor Browser? Is
it time to get Selenium integration working?

Would it be productive to get an automated, consistent, and public
'exitmap' instance going, to test for obvious breakage on exits, even
if we feel that we should keep the more subtle tests secret?

Do the Snowflake folks have anything bite-sized and not-critical-path?
For example, posting real-time feedback about broker statistics, or
deploying a more flexible/configurable algorithm for how the broker
should allocate snowflakes to users?

Surely the OONI folks want some GSoCers?

--Roger