[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 11 Dec 2017

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Dec 11 19:37:00 UTC 2017

Hi!

We finally switched to the network-team meeting type where only the
discussion is logged by meetbot and all the status updates are on the
pad. For transparency and easier cross-team collaboration we'll send out
weekly meeting notes including both the meetbot log and our status
updates to the tor-project as well.

The meeting transcript is available at:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2017/tor-meeting.2017-12-11-18.59.log.txt

The notes are below:

Tor Browser Meeting Notes

Monday, December 11

-release preparations for 7.5a10

sysrqb - Configured android build environment, updated Orfox build
dependencies, added integrity checks of binaries downloaded by `mach
bootstrap`, began rebasing Orfox's tor-browser 52.2.0 patches onto 52.5.2

boklm: (maybe offline during meeting)
    last week:
        - helped build/publish the new releases
        - fixed #24475 (Add support for Windows 64 to update-responses)
        - created ticket #24585 (Add fpcentral apache configuration on
forrestii)
        - traveled to Austin for Mozilla All Hands
    planned for this week:
        - will be at Mozilla All Hands

igt0:
    last week:
        - Configured android build env;
        - Updated the wiki explaining how to build Orfox and Orbot;
        - Added a build script to the tor-android project:
https://github.com/n8fr8/tor-android/commit/1b1c0b9537d85c0bfb5e0e42cdf188f8046638f8
        - Sent a patch to
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/22084 (backported it
from firefox)
        - Resent a patch to
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/23104 (it broke the
content inside chrome)
    planned for this week:
        - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19675

mcs and brade:
    last week:
        - Helped with bug triage.
        - Worked on Moat integration for Tor Launcher (#23136) and made
a lot of progress.

            - You can see some screenshots of the UI here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/23136#comment:25

    planned for this week:

    - Help with code reviews.

    - More work on Moat integration and other aspects of the new Tor
Launcher UI.

    - We hope to have this ready for code review soon. Loose ends:

    - improve error handling.

    - show a spinner or similar UI element while waiting for a reply
from BridgeDB.

    - more testing.

GeKo:
last week
  - release work
  - work on Fastly related blog post (should go live rather soon)
  - spent hours[sic!] on
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24421; I still don't
understand what exactly is going on but I have a workaround
  - started to look into building our new Windows toolchain based on
clang (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21777)

this week:

  - more work on #24421 and #21777
  - fixing https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21847
  - release preparations for the next alpha (planned to get released in
about a
     week)
  - another round of privacy pass code review
  - further work on the design document update

Georg (on behalf of the Tor Browser team)