[tor-project] Notes from December 7 2017 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Dec 8 11:12:17 UTC 2017

Notes for December 7 2017 meeting:

Nick:
1) Had productive conversation with Mozillans last week; I'm feeling
generally positive about spec work.
2) Security releases uneventful; next planned Tor release is an another
alpha, or maybe a release candidate, around 15 Dec-- then aiming for
another release in early January.
3) I need to disseminate knowledge to people going to the mozilla
all-hands, but I don't know what.  Ask me stuff?

Karsten:
1) Made good progress on IPv6 relay/bridge statistics. Currently under
review.
2) Relay Search (formerly known as Atlas) now has a world map!

Steph:
1) going over support portal copy with Tommy to be done by end of Dec
2) planning onion services campaigning with comms, asn, & dgoulet
3) editing next fundraising email with tommy / comms
4) newsletter went out yesterday with blogs from the last month, donate
call to action, upcoming events
5) I’ll be at Mozilla all-hands next week - interested to learn more
about how we work together, their comms and marketing, and how we can
campaign together
6) I'll be at our Tor meetup tonight in NYC

Mike:
1) Is ReCaptcha acting up? I have developed a habit of skipping
cloudflare captcha sites, but some guy keeps highlighting me on IRC
about some issue? [GeKo: Could be, there have been some folks quite
vocal about it on trac as well in the last weeks]
2) What do we think about Privacy Pass? Is it too early to ask Google if
they would look at it? [GeKo: I plan to have another look at it next
week. Let me get back to you then?]

Georg:
1) We worked on remaining Sponsor4 items (we are almost done here, two
things left)
2) The security releases are about to get out

Isabela:
1) spoke at a panel at MDF annual meeting
2) Decision was made last week on what Sukhbir will work on :) which
will be mail bundle (focusing on showcasing the experience of using an
email client on mobile that connects to tor and then to the email
provider using .onion - the bundle will enable the client to connect to
tor. The email provider for this prototype will be riseup (they are
already using .onion))
3) working in Seattle this week - meeting about grants for 2018 and
organizing workplan for big UX contract
4) Reviewing sponsor8 work to see how we doing for Q4 before Q4 ends
[nick maybe we could sync about this like we did with ahf and catalyst
(or whoever is working on this stuff)]

Brad:
1) Thank you for all of the feedback on the latest employee time
allocation budgets.  I have made updates based on issues/concerns noted
and will be sending out the updated version momentarily.
2) Jon and I have implemented a new inventory system for managing all of
the swag that is sent to donors/relay operators/other friends of Tor.
With the new office and the system we put in place, Jon is getting
shirts out at a very high rate (over 300 in one day!)
3) Sue and I have been reviewing current use of Harvest and will be
coming up with a brief report on ways we can utilize the system more
effectively.  Expect to distribute first to vegas team later this month.

Roger:
1) CCC plans and spaces
2) rome invites
3) i disappear tomorrow to begin my five-country travel adventure