[tor-project] Grants Update, November 2017

Tommy Collison tommyc at torproject.org
Mon Dec 4 21:58:33 UTC 2017

Hey all,

Here's what I got up to in November.

*Grants:*

(1) OTF accepted a proposal to perform Tor usability work. \o/

(2) Wrote a consumer privacy grant for the Rose Foundation.

(3) Researched general support grants.

(4) Wrote about the cool things people are doing with onion services and
researched some grants for them.

(5) Worked with the community team researching/planning potential relay
support and Global South grants.

As a reminder, https://pipeline.torproject.net exists as a place where
you can tell me about work you’d do if you had the funding. What gets
funded isn’t my decision, but I can do research and maybe play
matchmaker with suitable foundations.

*Not Grants:*

(1) Tinkered on various bits and bobs related to our end-of-year
fundraising over at https://donate.torproject.org/pdr. Almost at
$250,000, thanks to Mozilla. T-shirts have started to go out, and they
look amazing [a].

(2) Highlighted Damian's amazing contributions to Tor in what is, I
believe, Tor's first volunteer spotlight [b].

(3) Wrote about Nyx, the command-line Tor relay monitor [c].

(4) Wrote about Bastet, our new directory authority [d].

*Non-Tor:*

(1) Attended http://aaronswartzday.org in San Francisco at the start of
the month. Met cool people, listened to some cool talks, and gave out a
bunch of Tor webcam stickers.

(2) Took my first pilot's lesson. Goal: fly to Tor's meeting next
autumn. (Jk. Sorta.)

TC

[a] https://twitter.com/0x2be3/status/937752533656854528

[b] https://blog.torproject.org/volunteer-spotlight-damian-johnson