[tor-project] Intent to Minimise Effort: Fallback Directory Mirrors

Silvia [Hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Mon Aug 28 09:34:02 UTC 2017

On 26/08/17 15:44, nusenu wrote:
>>> use ContactInfo
>>> as a way to collect the intention of relay operators to opt-in/opt-out
>>> of the fallback directory mirrors list.
>> This is a good idea, *if* we still think an opt-in is necessary.
>
> Isn't that way to collect operator intentions also useful in opt-out
> mode? (instead of continuing to use emails) Or how do you plan to
> collect the opt-out info?

Why are emails preferred over other methods? Another options would be
wrapping a script that ops can run to create a cyberpunk trac ticket and
opt-out. This is probably easier than merging emails. But maybe we do
not want to handle this through trac.

I'd be happy to help w/ that eventually, and the fallback script.

-hiro