[tor-project] GSoC 2017 - Crash Reporter for Tor Browser: Report #6

Nur-Magomed nmagoru at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 18:20:12 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

This is my bi-week status report for GSoC project "Crash Reporter for Tor
Browser".

# Crash reporter client:
- Cleaned repo, code changes are collected to few patches [1];
- Working on reproduible build of Tor browser with crash reporter: I spent
much time setting up rbm, finally I've managed to fix problems and started
building with enabled crash reporter.

# Next steps:
- Test crash reporter when server side is up
- Add needed crash reporter fields to white list (that will be sending)
- Make TB reproducible build with crashreporter *
- Consider and make some options proposed in crash reporter wiki [2] *
* maybe these tasks I'll tackle after gsoc

Kind regards,
Nur-Magomed (nmago)

[1] https://github.com/nmago/tor-browser/commits/crdevc
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/crashreporter