[tor-project] Network team meeting, 14 August 2017
ahf at torproject.org
Mon Aug 14 17:49:49 UTC 2017
It's vacation season so a lot of people are out this week, but the
remaining people in the network team had a short meeting today on IRC.
The minutes from the IRC meeting can be found at
The pad content can be found here:
--- snip ---
Network team meeting, 14 August 2017
Announcements and requests:
- Nick has opened review-group-22. Have a look! Please review
- Nick's out of town this week.
- After the meeting, somebody please send out a copy of this pad and
a link to the logs for tor-project@
- How early should people arrive for Montreal anyway? [to team
* Last week
* Hacks and merges on stuff for R, Q, V, etc.
* Numerous bugfixes and cleanups
* Grabbed lots of small tickets
* Sent out proposal 280 (privcount in tor)
* Wrote and sent out proposal 281 (downloading microdescriptors
in smarter ways)
* Collected lists of things we did for NSF and sponsor4. (ahf,
isabela, I sent you email about the sponsor4 status stuff I did)
* Wrapped up one last sponsor4 task (#23220)
* Started writing proposals on authority refactoring, TLS 1.3
* This week
* On vacation! (I'll see personal mail, and mostly ignore
* probably not hacking, unless I get bored in the car or
* The week after
* I'm planning to release 0.3.1.6-rc. Please help with bugfixing!
* Last week
- run a fuzzing test on an outer layer of hsv3 desc and found a
* This week
- write an inner layer fuzzing of hsv3 desc and run it to find
- Went out and got a spare nexus 5 to test on.
- Started collecting metrics via the dump system subsystem
Android (on device).
- Gave up on the simulator: too slow and querky to do
useful with except looking at the apps themselves.
- Misc. reviews.
- Went to SHA2017 - met a lot of nice Tor users, did a talk.
- Tried to keep the next-gen HS running as david+george's
- Start looking into Nick's list of timed events, start
minimize them, check if it has a direct effect on the
- Go over Nick's comments to the prop 278 merge, send new
review for when he's back from vacation.
- Figure out how to get to montreal: is _all_ network team meetings
set in stone now?
- I have vacation to do BornHack!
- Recovering from back injury.
- Still recovering, and preparing for vacation
- Going to try to get patches ready for #23077 and #23097 before I
- Reviewed Chelsea's protover
- Wrote up more Ristretto specs
- Spent ~1 day total mentoring the intern for the bridge bandwidth
- Mostly AFK to go speak at RustConf
Last week (2017-W32):
- chased down Roger's complaint about variable shadowing
warnings from gcc post-hs-merge. Turns out there's an old gcc bug that
made it complain about shadowing functions with variables. We should
probably ignore those warnings because modern compilers are more
- more investigation about bridge bypass (#20532); blocked by
some weird hard-to-reproduce issues on Tor Browser
- some Montreal meeting logistics. Turns out air travel for me
tends to require awkward routings now that I'm not in something that
pretends to be an airline hub
- met with Nick, Roger, and a few others (tbb-dev types?) about
- community team sprint. Tried out a few GetTor things and
opened tickets suggesting improvements
This week (2017-W33):
- make more progress on #20532
- make more progress on improving bootstrap progress/error
reporting (some good ideas already noted in the pad)
- Last week:
- Came up with a rust kata for Montreal, will send that out soon
if people want to start beforehand
- This week:
- Fixing up rust protover from Isis's review
--- snip ---
More information about the tor-project