[tor-project] support the torproject with bridges

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Thu Aug 10 21:32:00 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:19:59PM +0200, Felix wrote:
> > 	ExtORPort auto
> I set my jail IP and port here.

Setting to "auto" is good enough. Don't configure an external IP address
for ExtORPort. "auto" will cause it to listen on 127.0.0.1 on a random
port.

ExtORPort is only used for localhost communication between obfs4proxy
and tor. It shouldn't be exposed externally. It's needed in order to
have the bridge contribute to user metrics.

> I have set up some Fallbacks of my own choise for the bridges. ok ?

You mean fallback directories? I don't know, it sounds okay.

> The bridges nat's to real guard IPs. A mid relay will never see the bridges
> IP. ok ?

That is okay.