[tor-project] How to help people on weekends?

Matt Traudt sirmatt at ksu.edu
Thu Aug 10 13:36:49 UTC 2017

FWIW, #tor seems to slow down way on the weekends, even when left -R.
That doesn't mean we should ignore the people that _do_ show up on the
weekends, however.

If we want a bot to do something, I'd be willing to write and/or run it.
pastly_bot is going to need some more features anyway if we're going to
keep #tor -R more than we already do.

Also, don't let me unnecessarily turn into an IRC thread ;) Roger
mentioned the mailing lists and blog comments too.

Matt (pastly)

PS: -R means anyone can join the channel; +R means only registered nicks
can join. It's easy to register a nick, but (i) IMO it's too much work
for quick simple questions (ii) the "but my anonymity!" arguments some
people make are at least somewhat valid.