[tor-project] support the torproject with bridges

isis agora lovecruft isis at torproject.org
Wed Aug 9 03:00:27 UTC 2017

Felix transcribed 2.1K bytes:
> Hi everybody
>
> I would be happy to support the torproject with two bridges
> as default TBB bridges.
>
> Each is
>
> * RelayBandwidthRate 15000 KB, RelayBandwidthBurst 30000 KB
>
> * The server where they are on currently moves 350Mbit in and
> 350Mbit out. If the bridges are accepted I will prefer their
> need for bw.
>
> * Tor 0.3.0.10 (git-c33db290a9d8d0f9) running on FreeBSD with
> Libevent 2.1.8-stable, OpenSSL LibreSSL 2.5.3 and Zlib 1.2.8
> and obfs4 0.0.8.
>
> * E3-1230 v5 @ 3.40GHz, dedicated server
>
> * The location is Germany
>
> Last year I joined the Tor break outs at ccc Hamburg and noticed
> there is a need for reliable bridges. So here we are. Please ask
> if you need more information.
>

> [1] http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/tor-bsd/2017-August/000556.html
>
> > > I have two bridges running on FreeBSD with obfs4 'griinchux'
> > > and 'zipfelmuetze'.
> > > They work for me but see only some clients per day.
> > > Both are on a multihomed server so bandwidth can be balanced
> > > between relays and those.
> > > If usefull one can put them to the list. Better test it to your
> > > needs before.
>
> > You probably shouldn't run exits and default bridges at the same time.
> I'm not running exits.
>
> > You can email tor-project at lists.torproject.org to offer your bridge.
> > Tell us how fast it is and which country it is in.
> See above.
>
> > You MUST NOT include the bridge IP address in public emails.
> > Only send that after it has been accepted.
> Clear.

Hello Felix,

Thanks for your generous offer!  I don't want to speak for the Tor Browser
Team, but I think we'd be happy to take you up on it.  I can add your obfs4
bridges to Tor Browser's default bridges, or—if you would be excited to
write the patch—I can show you where/what to edit.  Please let me know which
you'd prefer. :)

Please don't paste it here on the list, but we'll need the IP(s), obfs4
ports, fingerprints, and bridgelines for your bridges.  The fingerprint
should be in $DATA_DIRECTORY/fingerprint and the bridgeline should be in
$DATA_DIRECTORY/pt_state/obfs4_bridgeline.txt.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft