[tor-project] SponsorR Status Report July 2017

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sun Aug 6 20:00:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

here is the July 2017 report for SponsorR:

- Our development team has entered the final stages of coding prop224!
  We successfuly demoed a proof-of-concept client connection to a prop224
  hidden service website on the real network with great results!

  The remaining prop224 work is testing, bugfixing, stabilization, and
  improvements. Also, we need to merge all this code upstream in tor-0.3.2
  which means a serious review process!

- To mark the beginning of this merge procedure, we *merged* upstream the first
  service-side part of prop224!!! That's a pretty big piece of work:

- We also merged upstream some groundwork prop224 tasks:

- The final service-side part of prop224 passed its first review rounds, and we
  have now moved to final review and fixes:
    https://oniongit.eu/dgoulet/tor/merge_requests/6

- We also finished the client-side branch and we are now starting the review:
    https://oniongit.eu/asn/tor/merge_requests/2/commits

- Fixed an annoying prop224 warning message that was forgotten in 0.3.0:
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2017-August/012689.html