[tor-project] GSoC 2017 - Crash Reporter for Tor Browser: Report #5

Nur-Magomed nmagoru at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 09:52:43 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

This is my bi-week status report for GSoC project "Crash Reporter for Tor
Browser".

# Crash reporter client:
- We considered carefully crash report fields and made decision to
reinterpret blacklist feature as allow list [1];
- removed crash event files (some kind of log files that are keeping a few
locally crash data even if we sent them - are not the same as crash report
files) keeping functional[2]

Next steps:
# Using new RBM[3] we trying to build Tor browser alpha with crashreporter
and make it reproducible
# After that we need to test it with server side

Kind regards,
Nur-Magomed (nmago)

[1]
https://github.com/nmago/tor-browser/commit/1b3bf799aec4327e99eb0fe0365a637a2dd49790