[tor-project] GSoC 2017 - unMessage: Report #5

Felipe Dau dau at riseup.net
Fri Aug 4 23:48:51 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

This is my report #5 for the unMessage GSoC project.

# Updates

Since the last report I continued working on #21 [0] and #33 [1]:

- Stopped using queues and threads to check for incoming
  transmissions (that's when the other user starts an action)

- Removed disk dependency to run tests without saving any files

- Added integration tests to make sure things do not break when
  making low level changes for the unit tests

# What's next

Now that I have more confidence to make changes, I am going to
start working on the unit tests. I also expect to review with my
mentors what has been done for #21 and declare it done.

More details on these tasks can be followed in the respective
tickets [0, 1], branches [2, 3] and the latest PR [4].

Thanks,
-Felipe

[0]: https://github.com/AnemoneLabs/unmessage/issues/21
[1]: https://github.com/AnemoneLabs/unmessage/issues/33