[tor-project] Network team meetings notes from 17 April 2017
isabela at torproject.org
Wed Apr 19 21:58:48 UTC 2017
Our meeting transcript is at
Below our status report from this week
- Short week due to easter in DK Thursday + Friday.
- Finished cleaning up the patches for #21662, #21663, #21664.
- Started uploading patches for #21662 + #21663 + #21664 to
https://gitlab.com/ahf/tor/tree/prop278/21663 for review. Should be done
tonight Danish time.
- All the dirty code, except streaming support, is in
- Going to work on reviewing Nick's consdiff code.
- Figure out a sensible upper bound for the LZMA code. (#21665)
- Add the missing header code for Prop#278 to the directory code
- last week was mostly house-hunting in Wisconsin with spouse
- week before that, refactored some baseNN code
- deleted some base64 code (nopad stuff)
- still a fair amount of work to do in that space, will try to
outline some recommendations when i get a chance
- started to look at anti-censorship stuff (sponsorM)
- finished specification (first draft) of social bridge distributor
- talked over some parts of draft with other cryptographers
- finished up some loose ends of OTF contract
- Finish setting up the meek tunnel to BridgeDB
- Sketch out notes on UX ideas for Linda
- Sketch out API for TBB team
- Close out OTF contract on Friday
- Busy on #21859 which is gonna be used both by service and
client-side of prop224
- Reviewed various HS groundwork tickets
- Helped collect PT/censorship tasks that must be done on the
- Tried to do some extra validation of ed25519 pubkeys based on
discussion with Ian. Failed.
- More work on e2e circuit stuff #21859
- More work on implementing the validation required for ed25519 keys
- Distracted by taxes and not feeling well
- Will fix up #16861 and rebase Adaptive Padding patches onto it
- Further Adaptive Padding work
- tentative amazing results from very large kist network simulation
- more simulations in progress to confirm results
- paper written and submitted by May 2nd
- lots of progress implementing flexible scheduler selection
- added preprocessor stuff to disable kist if it is impossible to run
(like on windows/osx)
- is a consensus param desired to set UseKIST network-wide?
- if so, how do? pointers to code that does something similar?
["Yes; see use of networkstatus_get_param()". -nick]
- sent out sponsor 4 march report
- start prepping for team roadmap/dependecy tracking exercise
- Reviewed lots of prop224 backend code.
- Finished "consdiffmgr" branch, which is the server-side backend for
prop140. Now under review.
- This week: on vacation! I'll be reviewing code, not a lot more.
- prop224 backend work with #21888
- hidden service, hidden service, hidden service
More information about the tor-project