[tor-project] [Proposal] Social Contract

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Mon Apr 10 13:28:00 UTC 2017

Damian Johnson:
>> I realize that you probably wanted to say "at least one person which is
>> not me".
>
> No, I didn't. I don't object to ratifying the social contract. If we
> put it to a vote I'd affirm it. The ask was to put it forward to the
> rest of the list to see if we have consensus. Our voting policy calls
> for a two week vote - if we put that question to the list and don't
> get an objection in that time I'd be content to call the matter
> closed.

Hi all,

Today is the last day of the social contract proposal period, and
essentially the only feedback was "there is no need to vote on this". I
didn't see anyone object to that. If no one chimes in by UTC 0000 (about
10.5 hours from now) to say that they definitely want to see this go
through the normal voting resolution, I'm going to call off the vote and
consider it ratified according to our original consensus. Please note
that it will still not show up in the repo of documents that we've
ratified according to our new voting policy. It'll stay on the blog and
on the community team wiki.

Alison