[tor-project] Updating Fallback Directories

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 03:35:34 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

Some time in September, I want to update the list of fallback directory mirrors for Tor 0.2.9.

This means:
* emailing the 85 operators in the 0.2.8 list to remind them not to change their relay details,
* generating a list of new stable relays for 0.2.9,
* emailing these operators (maybe 100?) to ask them if their relay will be around for 2 years,
* generating a list of fallbacks for inclusion in an 0.2.9 alpha,
* emailing each of these 200 operators in the 0.2.9 list to remind them not to change their relay details.

I'm wondering where I should send these emails, so I'm not the only point of contact:
When I first did this, I emailed tor-relays.
Then I emailed some operators directly.
Then recently, I CC'd tor-team.
I'm concerned I'll be flooding whatever list I use with very similar messages.

Or maybe I should email them directly, and put tor-team in the reply-to field?

Also, if anyone would like to help out with these tasks, that would be great!
(I'll be doing them in my own time.)

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com