[tor-project] Cross-team OONI and Tor Browser project: default bridge checking

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Nov 20 02:32:48 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

It looks like two of the default obfs3 bridges in Tor Browser have
been broken for a while -- maybe for many months. I only noticed by
accident today.

I was about to open a ticket for the Tor Browser team to automate checking
them, so they can proactively notice and fix things if they break.

But then I thought, hey, OONI should be doing that testing from all over
the world, right?

There are these tickets from the past:

Maybe this is a great collaboration point between the Tor Browser team
and the OONI team?

(For best collaboration, we might want to find a way to have it be more
than the tor browser team saying "hey ooni, can you do this for us,
thanks". :)

--Roger