[tor-project] Notes from November 10 2016 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Nov 14 11:23:51 UTC 2016

See this posting for context:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2016-April/000223.html

Notes for November 10 2016 meeting:

Georg:
1) Preparations for releases with donation banner (6.0.6, 6.5a4 and
6.5a4-hardened)
2) More coordination with Mozilla on a roadmap for Tor related things
3) How to bill for future OTF work?

Isabela:
1) Behind with reports -- priority to get it done asap
2) Linda is working with Metrics team on ux for the metrics.tpo page -
she is documenting the project here ->
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/UX/MetricsRedesign /
she is also in Berlin now and has a lot of different things going on,
meeting w/ metrics team, working w/ ooni on new hiring,
participating/presenting at underexposed (ux event organized by simply
secure)
3) I wonder if I should write a report back from chile - in short I
presented to librarians students at a university and has a contact who
wants to help get a library to be a pilot in chile (at least start
with the LFP privacy pledge / did a training with around 25 people /
did a interview for a local tech mgz / presented at another university
/ presented at primavera hacker / met with university of chile about
hosting a tor relay (sent report about this one)
4) campus party brazil (10k people audience) offered Tor a space for
the whole week to do presentations, workshops etc. I am trying to
organize the space with local people who are part of the community
5) misc - catching up with hiring for network team and ooni / trying
to following up with donation campaign stuff / misc network team stuff

Nick:
1) End-of-month crunch
2) Hiring.
3) I've been reading/watching these once or twice a day:

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/152973683571/i-first-ran-for-congress-in-1999-and-i-got-beat
  https://boingboing.net/2016/11/09/harvey-milks-hope-speech.html

Alison:
1) Checking in with Colin tomorrow about creating a support portal
timeline.
2) Sent the community council guidelines to the -internal list for
feedback

Kate:
1) Fewer than normal media interactions because of election media deluge.
2) Writing press releases for OONI and user manual.

Mike:
1) Phone Blog Post draft is mostly written. I could use some help from
Kate, others.
2) Tor Labs

Arturo:
1) OONI internal meeting (did a lot of very useful discussions and
planning for the next steps) + open hackathon happening tomorrow.

Karsten:
1) Berlin UX/metrics team meeting with Linda (lnl) and iwakeh to
redesign Tor Metrics website. We made some good progress here, but we
also decided not to do all the things at once.
2) We'll have a web designer to implement the Tor Metrics website
changes in November/December.
3) Asked Silvia (hiro) to help with getting metrics builds on Jenkins
and giving feedback on the CollecTor manual.

Shari:
1) end of year stuff
2) personnel stuff
3) planning Amsterdam Tor meeting