[tor-project] The Akamai slide Alec posted

Ian Goldberg tor at cypherpunks.ca
Fri May 20 12:56:06 UTC 2016

Does anyone know where we can get more information about the stats
behind this slide:

https://twitter.com/AlecMuffett/status/730773970383982592

The slide says:

1:11,500 non-Tor IPs contained malicious requests
1:380 Tor exit nodes contained malicious requests

The way it's worded, it sounds like they're saying "1/11500 of the
non-Tor IP addresses we saw sent malicious requests, and 1/380 of the
Tor exit node IP addresses we saw sent malicious requests", but I'm
finding that hard to believe, since 1/380 of the Tor exit node IP
addresses is ~3 IP addresses.  It's unlikely that all malicious Tor
traffic was confined to 3 exit nodes.  (But interesting if true.)

Were they perhaps being a little loose and really meant "1/11500 TCP
connections coming from non-Tor IP addresses, and 1/380 TCP connections
coming from Tor exit nodes, contained malicious requests"?

Thanks,

   - Ian