[tor-project] [machine usage] crm, ubuntu1404lts-persona

isis isis at torproject.org
Mon May 16 13:03:48 UTC 2016

Peter Palfrader transcribed 1.0K bytes:
> Hello gentle people!
>
> I am looking over the machines that tor is paying for, and two of them
> are the 1984 machine that we have labelled only as crm and
> ubuntu1404lts-persona.  I think they may have been created at one point
> by Andrew.
>
> Does anybody know who might be using these machines?
>
> If you have an idea, please let us know.
>
> If one of them is your machine, or at one point was, please let us know
> if it is still useful and we should keep it around.  (And please briefly
> describe what it is being used for.)
>
> If I don't hear anything, and nobody objects either, I will stop having
> them auto-renewed, i.e., I will decommission them.
>
> Thanks.

The ubuntu1404lts-persona host (assuming that means 93.95.228.166)
should have been decommissioned about a year ago, see this email:

  Subject: Re: [tor-internal] (attn tbb, ooni, isis, erinn, mike, et all) Are you using these hosts?
  Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 11:21:41 -0400

If for some reason it wasn't, please feel free to kill it immediately, since
it was used by me for our Persona experiments about a year and a half
ago. [0][1]

Thanks for cleaning up unused machines!

[0]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-October/007686.html
[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/12193