[tor-project] AuthDirBadExitCCs still in effect?

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Tue May 3 18:46:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 04:57:12PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> https://bugs.torproject.org/4923#comment:14 says that 4 years ago,
> authorities were configured to BadExit relays in Iran and Syria.
>
> Are these restrictions still in effect?

Yes, I think so.  There was recently a relay in Syria (DC97FF17) that
had the BadExit flag despite not having done anything nasty.

You can easily find relays in Syria or Iran using:
<https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/country:sy>
<https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/country:ir>

> Is there a way to see what authorities have set the
> AuthDir{BadExit,Invalid,Reject}CCs options? Or would you have to infer
> it based on the votes on individual relays?

You would have to infer it.  (The easiest way, however, would be to just
ask our directory authorities because voting on BadExit isn't a secret.)

Cheers,
Philipp