[tor-project] Messages for Twitter about Tor blocking?

Andrea Shepard andrea at torproject.org
Wed Mar 30 12:40:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 06:13:27PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> - They should set up an onion address for Twitter (seriously, why are
> they so behind the times?)

They've been implementing important new features like Moments and lightboxes,
of course.

> - Isabela pointed out to them that the Twitter android app had dangerously
> broken proxy support, meaning it was bypassing its proxy settings
> sometimes. I wonder how that fix is going.

I'll note that the Twitter Android app has actually gotten markedly worse
from this perspective recently; it now embeds a web preview with unclear
behavior WRT proxy settings which you can't skip when following a link in
a tweet, and then "open in browser" forces Chrome; it used to be possible
to go directly to OrFox.

--
Andrea Shepard
<andrea at torproject.org>