[tor-project] State of helpdesk?

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Wed Mar 9 11:26:06 UTC 2016

Noel Torres:

> Colin Childs <colin at torproject.org> escribió:
>

>> Noel Torres:
>>>
>>> Just as a side note:
>>>
>>> In Valencia there were some talk about resuscitating the service in
>>> spanish if we find three volunteers. I said I'll be one of them. Bla
me
>>> me but I don't remember who said to be the second one.
>>>
>> This sounds great!
>>
>> Sadly, most of the other queues do not have multiple maintainers at t
he
>> moment. I believe previously, when Lunar was running the help-desk, t
hat
>> it was stated 2 people would be enough to open a new queue.
>>
>> Was there any reason for the switch to 3 maintainers?
>
> No particular reason, besides involving three people implies than in
> case of any absence (illness, leave, holidays with the family, being
> interned in some secret NSA/CIA jail) there will be still two people
> working.
This makes sense, and sounds like a good idea. It should also help
towards not being in a situation again where its just 1 person, if we
have time to find a replacement and still have 2 people working.

> (Missed you at Valencia)

Yes, sorry for that. There were some unfortunate circumstances that
prevented me from being able to attend this year, however I hope to see
you at the next meeting.

Thanks!

- --
Colin Childs