[tor-project] State of helpdesk?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Mar 9 04:24:23 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 03:52:00AM +0000, Colin Childs wrote:
>  Currently for support mechanisms, these are what
> I am aware of:
>
> 1: Help-Desks (RequestTracker)
> 2. Mailing lists (tor-talk, etc..)
> 3. IRC (#tor)
> 4. StackExchange
> 6. General documentation on the website
> 7. Man pages

There's also Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and the blog comments:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2016WinterDevMeeting/Notes/TakeBackCommunityChannels

Good thought on 'man pages' -- I just added that to the list on that
wiki page.

We should think about which other ones we've missed.

> I will put out more precise numbers tomorrow and update the list,

Looking forward to it!

> cleaning up certain pieces of documentation (like the manual,
> and relay / HS guides), as well as trying to turn many of the template

I agree that these steps sound useful.

Thanks,
--Roger