[tor-project] List moderation or subscriber trimming on tor-talk@

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Jun 21 08:52:59 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 12:56 AM, Griffin Boyce wrote:
>   I can appreciate that approach, but changing lists alone doesn't solve
> the core problem.  People who want to be distracting will just sign up
> for the new list and be distracting there.

No. The new list will have moderation, and will kick/moderate people who
show bad behaviour.

It's much easier to introduce a new list than to enforce rules on a
place where there were no clear rules before. Of course it would be nice
to keep all the subscribers, but I think we can convince many of them to
subscribe to the new list, and fade out the old.

There has been previous mail about this but almost nobody was
interested. We're still looking for moderators for the new list!

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/