[tor-project] Notes from June 16 2016 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jun 21 07:08:16 UTC 2016

See this posting for context:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2016-April/000223.html

Notes for June 16 2016 meeting:

Georg:
1) Slowly working on SponsorU items
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&sponsor=SponsorU)
2) Tor Browser 6.x issues kept us busy (above all:
https://bugs.torproject.org/19400 and related items)

Alison:
1) I've done pretty much nothing this week except deal with the Jake
situation, which I move to stop calling the Jake situation and call
the "community truth and reconciliation" or something like that.
2) I've started collecting a lot of resources on transformative
justice and talking to people who understand how to work through
things like this. I suggest that we hire a professional to help us
work through these things at Tor dev.
3) This week I'll get back to work on all the things that this
situation has caused me to neglect: community docs, SIDA and OTF
proposals, community team work, support team stuff, and so on.
4) Library Freedom Project is going great though!

Kate:
1) Rule 41: Campaign: We are partnering with EFF to launch a campaign
to support a law that would
2) Kate: Lots of time spent strategizing around the media regarding
the Jake Situation.
3) Working to promote good news about Tor: Working on blog posts with
Serene and others. Really interesting!

Shari:
1) Lots of time spent talking with our lawyer, helping the
investigator, checking in with people with stories, explaining things
to our funders, talking with others.  Will be looking next week to
ways to move things forward and start rebuilding trust and safety in
the organization.
2) Met all week with Roger, Isa, Sue Abt and Cass to map our grants
and figure out how to keep better track of them where lots of us know
all of the things, as opposed to the current situation where many of
us know some of the things.
3) Getting ready for DRL site visit on June 27-28.
4) In San Francisco for three days next week: meeting face-to-face
with lawyer, hopefully meeting with Alison, ED Club meeting, and some
EFF stuff, including an EFF board meeting.

Nick:
1) Working on triage
2) Sponsor allocation email that Roger sent.

Isabela:
1) Worked in Seattle with Shari, Sue and Roger
2) Now in Detroit - plan to work with Nick on triage today and tomorrow
3) Plan on be between this conference and work till Monday when I fly
back to SF