[tor-project] Proxy Blocking Latency (preprint)

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Wed Jun 1 14:51:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 05:53:10PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> Lynn Tsai and I, with the help of others, have been measuring how long
> it takes for Tor Browser's default bridges to be blocked.

As always, great work!

I find it odd that the diurnal blocking pattern seems to change over
time.  For example, ndnop3:24215 in Figure 1 seems completely
unaccessible at first.  A couple of days later, the diurnal pattern
seems to kick in.

On what looks like February 20 and March 15, all bridges seemed
accessible for a short amount of time from within China -- but also
LeifEricson:41213 for your control machine.  I am curious how these two
events relate?

Two typos:

- "[...] before a public release or Tor Browser [...]" s/or/of/
- "Despite bridge being merged [...]" s/bridge/bridges/