[tor-project] questions about new community safety documents and practices...

Lane Rasberry lane at bluerasberry.com
Fri Jul 29 11:24:30 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just subscribed to this list hoping that this was a general discussion
list for the Tor community. I think I am in the correct place, but if not,
would someone redirect me?

I see that there is another recent thread called, "The Tor Project Social
Contract". Having text like this seems like a great idea! I subscribed to
this list after reading a recent blog from headquarters at
<https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement-0>

Part of the post said, "the Tor Project has created an anti-harassment
policy, a conflicts of interest policy, procedures for submitting
complaints, and an internal complaint review process. They were recently
approved by Tor’s board of directors, and they will be rolled out
internally this week."

I am writing to ask if anyone can share copies of all these policies and
any supporting documentation. Beyond that, I am writing to ask if they can
all have free / open licenses that would be compatible for reuse in
Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects. It seems like this is already routine,
but sometimes it is nice to clearly indicate a licensing scheme.

In Wikipedia, the community has faced similar conduct issues over the past
few years. If the Tor community has a good start in developing text,
policies, and processes for these things, then I might like to bring
whatever insights are here into Wikipedia. Right now, Wikipedia does not
have a code of conduct, and some people like me are exploring options for
introducing one. Perhaps the Tor community would also find it useful to get
community comments and critique for whatever equivalent documents are
developed in Wikipedia.

Thanks for discussing community issues in a public way. It is nice when
various online communities can share ideas and best practices.

yours,

--
Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia