[tor-project] Amazon Smile

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Jul 26 18:19:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 12:54:41PM -0500, Tom Ritter wrote:
> I noticed that Amazon Smile[0] has Tor Project as a recipient; been
> using it lately when I order from them. Has anyone collected the
> money?  Is it significant in any way? (I mean anything is helpful of
> course, I'm just not sure if it's "a couple of tens of dollars" or "a
> few hundred".)

Last year we got between $500 and $1000 per quarter from them.

I haven't been following the payments this year, but I would hope
it's at least as much.

Also, hopefully there wasn't some extra paperwork or something that
we needed to fill out to continue getting the payments. :) Do you know
anything to indicate that we're in that situation?

Jon Selon (jon at tp) is the best person to ask. I've cc'ed him.

> Might be worth tweeting about also, there are firefox/chrome
> extensions that automatically redirect you so you remember to go
> through smile.amazon.com

Right -- I think we're hesitant to encourage people to go down the
path of signing up for random toolbars and addons and stuff. :)

--Roger