[tor-project] meek-google suspension

Jesse V kernelcorn at riseup.net
Sun Jul 3 01:58:13 UTC 2016

On 06/30/2016 05:35 PM, David Fifield wrote:
> I managed to get some information on why meek-google got suspended on
> App Engine. There was a botnet that used Tor and the public meek
> instance for command communication. They shut it down for that reason. I
> still haven't gotten any kind of official communication from Google
> Cloud Platform.

David, thank you for your private communication regarding this issue.
I'm sad to see that it's shut down but I understand Google's reasoning.
Hopefully they will communicate more details to you.

It's been a pleasure and an honor to run the backend server for you for
over a year now. I am certain that we helped thousands of people in
censored countries. Meek-google has also proven helpful to me as well.
Please let me know if I can assist you with any more infrastructure in
the future.

--
Jesse V