[tor-project] Meanwhile, at library conferences for coders--

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Tue Jan 26 22:38:18 UTC 2016

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> Having dealt with this in the past as an event organizer, one major
> issue is that, depending on the jurisdiction, the insurance/liability
> implications can range from "throw a little money at it" (i.e. easy) to
> "all conference organizers have to get the super-duper 'works with
> children' background check" (i.e. ~impossible).

   Yeah.  I went to a usability event in SF a couple of years ago that
provided childcare for people who needed it.  They took the approach of
contracting with a service (who'd hired people and done background
checks already).  It's possible to pay for babysitting services from a
proper service, but for like a conference with hundreds of people, the
insurance/liability requirements seem difficult to navigate.

~Griffin