[tor-project] Tor Dev Meeting in the Baltic States

Juris - torservers.net juris at torservers.net
Sat Jan 16 18:49:16 UTC 2016

Hey all,

Jens was lately suggesting Jena (Germany) for the next dev meeting.
I think it's a good idea to put another place up for discussion.

As some of you know, I'm Latvian, so I'm familiar with the Baltic States.

First of all, Latvia has a really fast internet (Top10 worldwide
(Akamai)) and reasonable prices for food and living.

The Latvian capitol Riga has an international airport, but afaik no
direct flights to/from the US (one-stop flights only).
Riga has a nice old city and it's not so far to a wonderful beach.
It's safe to travel and the people are mostly friendly.

Half of my family is living there, so I can offer helping hands, if needed.

Another idea is to go to Tallinn (Estonia) which is incredible
technologically advanced.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Juris