[tor-project] Moar Project Ideas!!

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Feb 26 18:11:21 UTC 2016

Hi all! Sebastian and I aren't hearing from many prospective mentors.
In fact, we have just five!

* Make TorBirdy Better (Sukhbir)
* Exitmap Improvements (Philipp)
* Expand Nyx (Damian)
* Help improve Tor hidden services (asn)
* Implement and Integrate CONIKS for Tor Messenger (Marcela and Arlo)

In just a few short days we'll be removing prospective mentors we
haven't heard from, and if there's no names remaining the project
itself. Presently this includes the following...

* Tor Codebase Cleanup (dgoulet)
* Build Better Pluggable Transports (infinity0)
* Add Support for Reporting Pcaps to OoniBackend and OoniProbe (Arturo)
* Improve test coverage in Tor (dgoulet)
* Have the Tor daemon use more cores (dgoulet)
* Improved DNS support for Tor (dgoulet)

David obviously can't mentor all the things alone so unless others
step up this is gonna be a really small program this year. If you want
to mentor this summer and help grow our community let us know!

On a side note I replaced a couple project idea fields with the
language. This was just a rough guess on my part - if I mislabeled
your project then please let me know.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/project/web/webwml.git/commit/?id=fed3b29

Cheers! -Damian