[tor-project] Moar Project Ideas!!

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Tue Feb 23 20:13:15 UTC 2016

See https://www.marc.info/?l=tor-dev&m=145440925917524&w=4
(Don't count this as a commitment to mentor, but we can talk about it.

Custom Alerting
Effort Level: Low-Medium
Skill Level: Low
Likely Mentors: Karsten, Damian

Tor has a lot of services that run in complicated ways. Bandwidth
Authorities and Metrics archives are two large examples. While DocTor
and DepicTor (consensus-health.torproject.org) provide alerting for
certain DirAuth related concerns - these other parts of the Tor
Project lack them. Improving the alerting around these systems would
give greater confidence in their operation and help resolve problems
faster.

-tom