[tor-project] HOPE XI - January 11th, CFP opens

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Tue Feb 16 22:26:57 UTC 2016

On 16 February 2016 at 16:08, David Goulet <dgoulet at ev0ke.net> wrote:
> Please, cast your vote 1) or 2)? In all seriousness, the input from anyone
> will be useful here so we don't end up doing something uberly too complicated
> with a 55 minutes talk or even worse, very boring. Also, "a second talk is not
> needed" is also a valid answer if you think so.

I think both talks would be interesting, although the DirAuth talk is
slightly more... academic? In the sense that attendees will leave the
talk learning more about something, but won't be directly empowered to
go do something. Whereas, leaving the Hidden Service talk, they'll
feel "This is something that's happening right now! I can run a Hidden
Service! I can educate people on how they've been changed!"

I'll also note that at RWC I had some long discussions with an i2p
developer about the differences between i2p and Tor, especially as it
relates to DirAuths and Path Selection.  I admit to never really
diving into i2p before, so it was very informative. I think it would
be very interesting to have a talk that compares and contrasts those
two systems!

-tom