[tor-project] HOPE XI - January 11th, CFP opens

Nima Fatemi nima at riseup.net
Mon Feb 15 16:20:17 UTC 2016

David Goulet:
> CFP is still open and I would like us to submit _very_ soon though. I had
> multiple talks with people about what we could talk about, here are some
> ideas:
>
> - Directory Authorities. How it works? How does that even work? and How does
>   that work? For most people, this is a complete black box and we could
>   make it white! :)
>
> - Hidden Services. Of course, that's always a hype for some reason.
>
> - Guards. Sooo many new things coming up with guards for which we do research
>   also that is very exciting. We could have an epic talk about how they came
>   to be, how they work, attacks and how we are fixing them.
>
> So those are technical talks because I mostly talked to tech people about it.
> Thus the question of what kind of talk do we want. An outreach one "State of
> the Onion at HOPE" or let's go more technical/research for a hacker crowd.
> However, 6 months has passed from congress so a Tor update would still be
> relevant (and HOPE is each two years).
>
> I believe that most people at HOPE know about Tor and watched State of the
> Onion. It's quite a technical crowd often in my experience but I would lean
> towards a balance of outreach and technical.
>
> Thoughts?

I like this! If we ended up submitting the onion service talk, I can
provide some nice interesting use-cases for the security crowd.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall