[tor-project] HOPE XI - January 11th, CFP opens

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Fri Feb 12 18:34:06 UTC 2016

David Goulet:
> Hi everyone!
>
> On monday, the HOPE conference in NY happening on July 22-24 will open
> its CFP.
>
> I will attend this event for which I think it's a great place to reach
> hackers, activist, journalist and so on in North America. I know some of
> you are planning also which is great. But I feel like we should also try
> to submit a talk there. In the last two (4 years time), there were no
> Tor talk at all.
>
> There are plenty of subject we can talk about but I would also like not
> to repeat the 32c3 talks (at least not word for word). So, here it is, a
> thread so we can think about it.
>
> Something that could be cool is: "I'm a Tor directory authority and here
> how that works." or <insert idea>.
>
> I'm happy to "coordinate" this CFP effort if we think it's a good idea
> and we want to do it. So knowing who is going and who is willing to
> speak would be good :). I offer my service for that but it DOES NOT have
> to be me necessarly (also the more the merrier).

Hello David,

Thanks for making the call for this. Is the CFP still open? Do you
happen to have developed more ideas on what things we could perhaps talk
about? I'm also going and I can talk about Library Freedom Project and
our effort to bring online privacy to public spaces.

Only in the last year as I started going to more public gatherings, I've
realized we at Tor are evolving so fast and everyone is excited to know
more about what we do and how we're doing it. We could do updates on Tor
in literally every single conference and I guarantee it's never gonna
get old ;) but let's be more creative than that! :D

Another thing that came up on IRC yesterday, was the possibility of
getting a booth (table) at HOPE for Tor, which remains Shari's and
Roger's decision to make.

Anyways, I just wanted to say I'm in! Let's do this!

Best,
--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall