[tor-project] iOS AppStore - Trademark violations

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.org
Fri Dec 23 01:22:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've sent complaints through the App Store in each case that was
misusing the Tor logo or clearly trying to self-identify as "Tor" (not
all of those in these lists, but a large number).

An additional challenge is that many apps that don't otherwise misuse
our logo use a check.torproject.org screenshot, showing a large onion
logo, even if the app itself uses a distinct logo. I'd like to hear
others thoughts on whether we should discourage this use even if the app
is in fact using Tor (or how we might police whether these apps are in
fact using Tor).

--Wendy