[tor-project] Help with 'Tor at the heart' blog posts

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Tue Dec 6 22:36:23 UTC 2016

On 12/6/16 17:18, teor wrote:

>> On 7 Dec. 2016, at 09:02, isabela <isabela at torproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> As you've probably noticed, we've been doing a series of blog posts in
>> December on projects that are able
>> to accomplish their mission better because Tor exists.
>>
>> You can see the previous daily blog posts for the donation drive here:
>> https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/heart-internet-freedom

>> If you can help us by working on any of these posts or helping to
>> coordinate things, just do it ;) but please keep this spreadsheet
>> updated. Also if you have specific questions, you can send them to this
>> thread or email directly to the task force working on our fundraising
>> campaign: donation-drivers at torproject.org
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Hi isabela,
>
> Can you please add a summary of the existing posts to the spreadsheet?
> That will help people work out what has already been posted.

Hi Teor!

They are there, the rows were hidden to make it easier to keep track of
the upcoming ones, I just undid that, you can see the now. There is a
link to each in the row. But the blog tag url above should also give you
all the posts we did so far as well.

> For example, have we mentioned ProPublica and other news sites running
> onion sites?
>
> Have we mentioned other sites that use OnionBalance?
>
> I realise that we struggled to come up with ideas for this campaign,
> and I appreciate all the work people are doing to pull it together.
>
> But next time, can a request like this go out earlier?
> I had more time last month to think about blog posts, I'm deep in
> multiple extra tasks at the moment.

I agree - the only reason this wasn't done earlier was because everyone
is quite overwhelmed with the campaign plus a lot of other end of the
year things everyone has on their plate.

Although, there was a note a couple weeks ago on tor-internal. I know is
not as early as we wish for, but we have been trying. Now we are
escalating the call for help a little to see if we can get more
mobilization since we are still struggling every day to make the next
post :)