[tor-project] Notes from August 25 2016 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Aug 29 08:38:08 UTC 2016

See this posting for context:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2016-April/000223.html

Notes for August 18 2016 meeting:

Shari:
1) Working with Gunner and Alison on the semi-annual Tor meeting agenda.
2) Working with our lawyer on his presentation for the meeting.
3) Reviewing DRL grant proposals.

Nick:
0) Vacation was lovely, got a bit of programming done.
1) Trying to program
1a) Distracted by need to put out two releases
1b) Distracted by grants stuff

Kate:
1) Fact sheets--organizing their finishing; hoping to hire artist/web
designer for a bit of freelance design
2) Blog posts from GSoC student and HOPE
3) Had stomach bug Tuesday and Wednesday
4) Seeking new good news to promote after Labor Day :)

Isabela:
1) working with the ux team to prepare for internal launch of our
style guidelines and how we will roll it out
2) working on DRL proposals - deadline is tomorrow (august 26)
3) got reports out to otf and drl
4) coordinating with ux team and network team some ideas of sessions
for dev meeting (trac session, style guidelines session etc)

Alison:
1) Tor meeting agenda planning
1a) we need to talk about agenda priorities (from this team and
getting individual community member engagement); One from Shari:" I’d
really like there to be a discussion about a theme for our end-of-year
fundraising campaign.  Last year it was “This Is What a Tor Supporter
Looks Like.”  What should it be this year?"
1b) welcoming new people: buddy system, welcome event
1c) creating a "safer space"
2) Working on HOPE wrapup post
3) Community team continuing to work on the support portal
4) and membership docs

Karsten:
1) Drafted a first schedule for the Berlin meeting together with
Georg.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2016BerlinMeetup
2) Almost released metrics-lib 1.4.0 together with iwakeh, but ran
into a bug and postponed the release.
3) Worked a lot on the ExoneraTor database redesign I started with
Sebastian the week before.
4) Commented a bit on grants in response to questions by Isabela and Cass.

Roger:
1) Doing all my logistics

Mike:
1) I got image signing working for CopperHead - I now have a script
that takes the official copperhead images, adds in Google Apps and
OrWall, and produces verified-boot compatible images. I'm still
working out some bugs with OrWall and the keyboard, and need to figure
out how updates are going to work, but concept is now more or less proven.
2) Been helping a bit with the DRL Tor Browser Mobile proposal.