[tor-project] Tor Browser User Manual review

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Wed Aug 24 12:11:00 UTC 2016

Hi!

Colin Childs:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As some of you may be aware (if you attend the community team meetings),
> Alison and I have been working on updating the Tor Browser User Manual
> and getting it ready for an official release.
>
> The community team has now had an opportunity to review the manual, and
> now we would like to request feedback from the larger community! You can
> view the manual at https://tb-manual.torproject.org/linux/en-US/ .

Some feedback:

1) Is it planned to have a "real" manual feeling? Like, if I am done
with one page I "turn" it and get to the next topic? It felt rather
awkward to jump back to the table of contents all the time to reach the
next text.

2) Who is keeping track of Tor Browser changes relevant to the manual?
Even though "6.0.1" sounds pretty recent, with 6.0.4 being the latest
stable there are already inacurracies in the manual (e.g. meek-google
does not exist as a PT in Tor Browser anymore).

3) A couple of months ago we started not advertising
help at rt.torproject.org anymore in Tor Browser (#10534) because no one
was responding to support requests any longer. Did that change? Because
I see mentioning help at rt.torproject.org as contact option in the manual
several times (and there are still old Tor Launcher screenshots with it
on them in the manual)?

Georg