[tor-project] The Tor Project Social Contract

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Mon Aug 8 17:59:00 UTC 2016

Thanks everyone for all your amazing input on this document!

The consensus period is over and the positive responses were
overwhelming - in fact, there was only one dissent, and that person
decided to quit Tor over our use of "human rights". *shrug emoji*

Here's the final product: https://pad.riseup.net/p/G38YNGrXoOtr. The
last few changes I made incorporated Matt and Paul's final edits on
point 3. This one is the longest point, but I don't think it needs to be
split...it's really not so long that it's out of flow with the rest of
the document.

I'm gonna get final copyedits from Katie before I publish this on the
blog, and then I'm going to add it to the Community Team Wiki and
somewhere on here: https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en.
Based on conversations about this, it seems best to create a new part of
that page for "Tor values" where we include our mission statement, the
social contract, and other things that fit.

Thank you again for all the work you've done on the social contract! I
am so proud of the final product and I can't wait to share it with the
community.

Alison

Paul Syverson: