[tor-project] New Bridge Authority

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Aug 4 18:02:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 05:31:26PM +0000, isis agora lovecruft wrote:
> I've set up the server, bought two new harddisks and configured RAID,
> installed an OS on it, and done some preliminary hardening.  The server should
> go to the datacenter early next week, and then we can start the transition.
> It looks like everything should happen well before the 31 August deadline

Great!

We want to not just get the server up, but also get out new Tor
releases, and get some bridges updated.

So as soon as you know your IP address, port, and relay identity
fingerprint (and know they won't change), we should open a ticket on
trac and start that process going for new Tor stable releases.

As a bonus, we should consider scraping contact info from current bridges,
and mail them all to let them know that they'll need to upgrade else
they'll go quiet until they do.

--Roger